Croton Sailing Club Terms & Conditions
Membership Club Terms
- Memberships are valid for a full year from the date of membership.
- Dates of operation:
- Weekends and Holidays from mid May through early October
- Weekdays from Memorial Day – Labor Day
- Hours of operation: 9:00 am – 4:00pm
- Sailor Members may sail aboard our Club Sails. These group sails will be offered every weekend and holiday during the season.
- Sailor Members may also join together to take a boat out on a weekday Club Sail.
- Sailor Members may take a guest on group Club Sails for a $35 fee. A Club Sail guest may participate once per month.
- Charter and Skipper Members may bring guests along on any yacht reserved, there is no limit to the number of guests allowed during the season, nor are there any guest fees.
- The Croton Sailing Club guarantees to make available one three-hour sailing period per weekend/holiday period throughout the sailing season for reservations made one week prior to sailing time. Charter and Skipper members are also entitled to take boats out at all other times based on availability.
- Any member may have only one reservation on the books at any one time.
- Only the Member of Record may sign for the boat
- Charter Members are guaranteed use of 26’ Pearsons at least every two weeks and 24’ Rainbows at all other times.
- Charter and Skipper Members may also participate in a group Club Sails.
- Charter and Skipper members are eligible for single-handed Rainbow sailing privileges once they have passed a check-out examination.
- If Croton Sailing Club cannot fulfill its weekly obligation, the member is entitled to carry an additional sailing reservation until both sailing times have been completed.
- If member does not arrive or notify us of a late arrival we will consider that time slot to have been forfeited. Members are requested to notify us as soon as possible of any cancellations.
- The Croton Sailing Club reserves the right to cancel all sailing in case of hazardous weather conditions, and the Croton Sailing Club will be the sole determinant of hazardous conditions.
- Croton Sailing Club members agree to operate all boats in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations, New York State regulations and the provisions of the boat use contract kept on file with the Croton Sailing School.